domingo, 22 de agosto de 2010

Not to get mad - 22/8/2010


Everyone can get sick mentally. There is nobody on earth who is not subject to depression, neurosis and even psychotic episodes. Followed by people already pushed life to the border of hell that did not stand the pressure. Some were hospitalized in psychiatric clinics, others become alcoholics, and many have become addicted to toxic. I was once forced to face the harsh reality of suicide. Two boys, members of my church, killed themselves at different times, leaving friends and family destroyed.

I've seen the triumph of many who resisted the existential struggles and these, even staggering, managed to resume their lives. When I remember them, I once again believe in the power of friendship, faith, and in the presence, often imperceptible, God.

I look back and recognize how to help them not get mad. Even by intuition, I remembered (as always remind myself) to our humanity. We are made of light and shadow. We all have virtues and sins are great and ordinary.

The neurotic can not live with this reality and now want to control their shadows. However much we strive, occasionally surprised by eruptions of a volcano dark sleeping inside. They then seek to offset their addictions, fleeing to unreal worlds. How can not live in peace with its faults, try to move to fantastic dimensions. Neuroses are characterized as repetitive behaviors meant attempts to camouflage flaws, so our own humanity. The neurotic strives to avoid taking what is not perfect. Neurosis means not knowing how to live with human reality.

The psychotic, in turn, try to pull their shades. They do not accept that there may be defects and refuse to face any internal inconsistency. Not to confront reality, are more radical: amputate his eyes. Thus deprived of any ability to see their humanity composed of beauty and ugliness, also fail to see the world, mad because they shut off completely from life.

I have lived deep sadness. My soul has writhed in excruciating pain; found myself face to face with the Devil. Almost lost my balance, verve and joie de vivre. Were it not for my wife and a few friends, do not know where to reach my despair.

Gave to embody the myth of perfection. Now, do not curse me when I see my vanity. I stopped beating when I surprise myself with my cowardice, insecurity and narcissism. I'm learning to live with myself.

My peace comes from knowing I am loved and beloved of God, with my shades and lights. He is pleased with me, even knowing my structure and knowing that I am dust.

Who does not want to freak out, recognize their humanity; stop any attempt to conceal their shadows with sentimentalism, and not keep trying to convince himself that attained holiness. It only pertains to divinit

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário